Thursday, May 24, 2018

Books: Interview with Greek Romance Author Charis Mavros (Χάρης Μαύρος)

Today we have the pleasure of introducing you to Charis Mavros. Find out more about this talented Greek writer in the interview below.

Where are you from and what's your background?

I come from the beautiful city of Thessaloniki, the second largest city in Greece. I could refer to my studies or to various distinctions, but I do not think that these are the ones that define the background of a man, but his family, his friends and his relationships in general. As for the last part, I was fortunate to grow up and be loved by an excellent family and to meet people with a pure soul.

That’s the best background one can have, full of love. When did you realize you wanted to write and when did you start writing?

I started writing when I was a child. The process became more systematic at the age of fourteen as a need for expression and mental decompression, resulting from various difficulties of that period.

Writing is indeed a great form of expressing oneself. What genre do you write and what's your target audience?

I believe that the genre of my books is primarily romance, with some elements of thriller.  I think that genre is not representative of a writer who has too many things to say. Personally, I use it as a vehicle to examine, on a psychological level, social behaviors and the human soul in general. 

Check out his short story Everywhere with you, available in English on amazon:


How many books have you published so far? Have you been published in any other publications or journals?

I have written two books so far, "Up to Four" by Thermaikos publications and "Love is not buried on Tuesdays" by Savvalas publications. My first novel concerns the sexual relationship of four people, two men and two women who simultaneously conclude an erotic quartet. While they are four, they seem to be a simple pair of two.
My second novel is titled "Love is not buried on Tuesdays" and concerns the relationship between a middle-aged woman and a man who is half her age, during the economic crisis in Greece. The story examines how two different generations face the crisis with the background of a karmic, majestic love.

That sounds interesting, and it’s great that you were able to incorporate the contemporary situation of Greece in your writing. Do you have a favorite quote?

I don’t have favorite quotes. Life cannot be defined by a few phrases. Just as a novel consists of many different opinions that many times overturn one another, so is life itself. Moreover, something that is functional for someone may be dysfunctional for someone else.

Good observation. Do you have a favorite author? Has this author or his book(s) influenced your writing in any way?

My favorite author is Doris Lessing. I consider her writing to be special and distinctive. I try not to be influenced by writing styles, but subconsciously the books we admire affect our writing, as all things we love are being absorbed to become part of us.

She’s a great literary influence. If you could be a character from any book, who would you like to be? Why?

No one in particular. I do not envy the lives of others, whether they are real or products of imagination.

What are you working on now?

Having finished my third novel and waiting for it to be released, I have started my fourth novel. It is a novel that will strip off the family institution and Puritanism that still characterizes our society.

Looks like you’re very busy writing and publishing. Where can we find out more about you and your writing? 
 
You can find out about me on my blog “www.onlinegreekbook.wordpress.com”, on my facebook page as Χάρης Μαύρος - Charis Mavros, on my instagram as “charismavros” and you can ask any questions about my books at my email mavroscharis@gmail.com

Is there anything else you'd like to share with our readers?

I would only advise them first to live and then to read.  Thank you.

Thank you so much for your time! We wish you success in your writing career and hope your books will be available in English soon!



Follow Charis Mavros at:




1 comment :

  1. Congratulations! Wish, your books will be tranlated in English too!

    ReplyDelete